Council membership with Artadia provides a unique opportunity to participate in vibrant exchange with artists, curators and art enthusiasts; learn about emerging trends in contemporary art; and provide direct support to the artists who are shaping our culture. Artadia’s Council members receive special access through a unique roster of events and ensure that groundbreaking voices in contemporary art continue to be heard across the United States. Events include:
- Curator-led tour of the 2017 Whitney Biennial with curator Christopher E. Lew and Awardee Cauleen Smith (New York)
- Tour of Jonathan Horowitz Occupy Greenwich and luncheon at the Brant Foundation (New York)
- Studio visits with Mika Tajima: 2017 Awardee (New York), Sadie Barnette: 2018 Awardee (San Francisco), Dan Finsel: 2016 Awardee (Los Angeles), William J. O’Brien: 2006 Awardee (Chicago), Paul Stephen Benjamin: 2014 Awardee (Atlanta)
- Curator-led tour of David Hockney with Ian Alteveer at The Met (New York), and tour of David Hockney at LACMA (Los Angeles)
- Founder-led walking tour with Dorka Keehn of SITES UNS_EN public art projects (San Francisco)
- Print demonstration of etchings by 2017 New York Awardee Patricia Treib at Crown Point Press (San Francisco)
- Private collection visit breakfast co-hosted with NADA and The Armory Show (New York)
- Ai Wei Wei Day: Featuring private tours of Ai Wei Wei exhibitions at the Marciano Foundation, Deitch Projects, and the UTA Artist’s Space in Beverly Hills. (Los Angeles)
- Chinatown Gallery tour and neighborhood lunch with 56 Henry gallerist Ellie Rines (New York)
- Artadia Awardee Artist-led tour of Larry Walker Retrospective: The Later Years, at the Museum of Contemporary Art (Atlanta)
- Curated trip to Houston and Marfa, TX. Highlights include studio visits with Artadia Awardees, walkthroughs of Project Row Houses and Lawndale Center, a tour of the Judd Foundation, a curator visit at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston and a special preview of the new Menil Drawing Center.
- Artist-led tour of The Persistence of the Unsorted, by Artadia Awardee Claire Pentecost at the Garfield Park Conservatory (Chicago)
- Collection visit breakfast and artist-led tour of public art installation Delirious Matter, by Diana Al-Hadid (New York)
Examples of recent events may be found here.
Please complete the registration form below to join Artadia’s National or Contemporary Council.