The New York Artadia Awards are open to all visual artists living and working throughout New York City (five boroughs of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island). Individual artists and collaboratives working in all media, and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Artadia Awardees are selected through a two-tier jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading curators and artists. A preliminary panel will evaluate all online submissions and select five Finalists in April. A second panel will conduct studio visits with each Finalist, gaining a broader context for the artists’ work. Two Awardees will be selected from the Finalist pool to receive unrestricted Artadia Awards of $10,000. The 2017 New York Awardees will be announced at the end of April.
The New York Artadia Awards are:
– Open to anyone living in New York City
– Free of application fees and project outline requirements
Apply if you:
– Have lived in New York City for at least two years
– Are not currently enrolled in an art-related degree program
– Would like to have your work seen by a panel of prominent curators
Application due April 1, 2017
11:59 pm EST
The 2017 New York Artadia Awards are generously supported by UOVO and the May and Samuel Rudin Family Foundation.